InnerVue II Diagnostic Scope System
- For use in a diagnostic environment. Can be used in addition to MRI or alone to determine the next plan of action for each patient.
- Diameter of 1.2mm (18 gauge needle) and requires one portal
- The InnerVue System is comprised of:
- The system hardware, software and handpiece
- A disposable scope
- Reusable instrumentation (cannula, trocar, blunt obturator and cannula plug)
- A procedural kit is also available that includes many sterile items such as tubing, skin prep, drapes (including the incise drape, stand drape, etc.), scalpel, 3-way valve, syringe, etc.
- A dynamic and active diagnostic test in the physician's hands.
- Helpful with diagnosis of cartilage damage, articular surface damage and assessing arthritis severity
- Immediate diagnosis
- Diagnosis consists of one needle poke (excluding local anesthetic) and the patient may walk out of the office immediately after the procedure
- The ability to determine the type of implant to provide the best treatment for a patient (e.g. a unicompartmental or total knee).
- Can be a less invasive alternative to exploratory surgery for patients that have had metal implanted
INDICATIONS FOR USE
This system is indicated to be used by a trained physician to provide illumination and visualization of an interior cavity of the body through a natural or surgical opening in diagnostic and operative arthroscopic and endoscopic procedures. Examples of surgical use include but are not limited to procedures on the knee, shoulder, ankle, elbow, wrist, temporomandibular joint (TMJ), ophthalmic, ENT, and the cervix.
Dr. Seldes Clinical Experience with InnerVue