Regenerex® Porous Titanium Construct
Clinically Proven Material.1 Advanced Porous Technology.
Regenerex® Porous Titanium Construct unites the proven clinical history of titanium1 with an enhanced interconnecting pore structure, resulting in a revolutionary material that provides for biologic fixation.2-3
Regenerex® material provides for:
- Average porosity of 67 percent2
- Average pore size of 300 microns2
- Fixation as early as two weeks in canine studies2-3
- Compressive modulus close to that of cancellous bone2,4-5
- High compressive strength2
Regenerex® technology is used in multiple applications, throughout knee, hip and shoulder reconstruction:
Cementless Vanguard® Complete Knee System:
- Regenerex® Primary Tibial Tray
- Regenerex® Series-A Patella
Vanguard® SSK Revision Knee System:
- Regenerex® Cone Augments
- Regenerex® RingLoc® + Modular Acetabular System
- Regenerex® Acetabular Augments
- Regenerex® Revision Acetabular Shells
Comprehensive® Total Shoulder System:
- Regenerex® Central Peg Option for the Modular Hybrid® Glenoid
- Hahn, H. and Palich, W. Preliminary Evaluation of Porous Metal Surfaced Titanium for Orthopedic Implants. Journal of Biomedical Materials Research. 4(4):571–77, 1970.
- Data on file at Biomet. Bench test results not necessarily indicative of clinical performance.
- Testing done on animal models. Not necessarily indicative of clinical performance.
- Keaveny, T. and Hayes, M. Bone, Vol. 7: Bone Growth – B. Hall BK (Ed.) CRC Press. Boca Raton, FL. 285–344, 1992.
- Wirtz, D., et al. Critical Evaluation of Known Bone Material Properties to Realize Anisotropic FE-simulation of the Proximal Femur. Journal of Biomechanics. 33(10):1325–30, 2000.