The RapidFlap LS system is a two sided resorbable craniotomy fixation device. The clamps are made of the same proven LactoSorb® co-polymer that has been used in craniomaxillofacial cases since 1996.
This system provides an easy-to-use, streamlined implant which achieves predictable resorption in approximately twelve months.1,2
Features And Benefits
- Made of LactoSorb material (82% Poly-L-Lactic Acid and 18% Poly-Glycolic Acid)
- Resorbs and is eliminated from the body in approximately one year1,2
- Easy-to-use, which may reduce O.R. time
- May eliminate CT/MRI artifacts due to its unique co-polymer material3
RapidFlap LS Fixation System is indicated for use in pediatric craniotomy flap fixation.
- Eppley BL, Reilly M. Degradation Characteristics of PLLA-PGA Bone Fixation Devices. J Craniofacial Surgery, Volume 8, March 1997;116:120.
- Pietrzak WS, Eppley BL. Stability of Craniofacial PLLA/PGA Copolymer Bioabsorbable Screws. J Craniofacial Surgery,Volume 17,March 2006;331:336
- Deng Y, Zheng M, Wu J. Preliminary application of absorbable fixation system on cranial bone flap reposition and fixation after craniotomy.Zhongguo Xiu Fu Chong Jian Wai Ke Za Zhi.26,October;(10);1202-5.