LactoSorb® Resorbable Fixation System
The LactoSorb SE delivery system is a streamlined resorbable fixation system designed to offer surgeons and their O.R. staff ease-of-use while enhancing overall efficiently during the surgical procedure.
- LactoSorb material (82% Poly-L-Lactic Acid and 18% Poly-Glycolic Acid)
- LactoSorb plating achieves predictable resorption in approximately twelve months1,2
- Decreases implant palpability
- May decrease the possibility of growth restriction and screw migration in pediatric patients
- Low incidence of inflammatory reaction or infection3
- May eliminate the need for a second surgery based on implant resorption.
Efficiency and Ease of Use
- Convenient screw packaging screws are pre-packaged in cartridges that can be inserted into a screw tray for easy driver insertion
- Cartridges available with 1, 2, 4 or 10 screws
- Eppley BL, Reilly M. Degradation Characteristics of PLLA-PGA Bone Fixation Devices. J Craniofacial Surgery, Volume 8, March 1997;116:120.
- Pietrzak WS, Eppley BL. Stability of Craniofacial PLLA/PGA Copolymer Bioabsorbable Screws. J Craniofacial Surgery,Volume 17,March 2006;331:336.
- Goldstein JA, Quereshy FA, Cohen AR. Early experience with biodegradable fixation for congenital pediatric craniofacial surgery. Journal of Craniofacial Sugery