JuggerKnot Soft Anchor 1.4mm Short
- They’re Small
- The volume of bone that is removed with a 3.0mm drill is equivalent to four 1.4mm anchor drill holes4
- Reduces the amount of native bone removal
- Allows for multiple points of fixation when repairing soft tissue to bone
- Smaller diameter drill size reduces the likelihood of intersecting anchor tunnels when placing multiple anchors
- They’re Strong
- Strength is equal to or greater than some anchors two or three times larger1
- High pullout strength ranging from 20-120 lbs., depending on size of anchor2,3
- They’re All-Suture
- Soft anchor deployment system with no rigid component
- Eliminates the possibility of rigid material loose bodies in the joint
- Allows blood to repair site
- Most commonly utilized for soft tissue to bone fixation in the foot
- Designed with a #5 polyester sleeve, loaded with a #1 MaxBraid suture, and loaded with two #5 tapered needles
- Smaller slotted guide designed specifically for small bone and joint procedures
- 54 lbs. pullout strength 2
1 Barber FA, MD, Herbert MA, Ph.D. "Cyclic Loading Biomechanical Analysis of the Pullout Strengths of Rotator Cuff and Glenoid Anchors: 2013 Update." Arthroscopy, 29(5), p832-844, April 2013
2 Barber FA, MD, Herbert MA, Ph.D, Hapa O., MD, Rapley JA, MD, Barber CA, Bynum JA, MD, Hrnack SC, MD. "Biomechanical Analysis of Pullout Strengths of Rotator Cuff and Glenoid Anchors: 2011 Update." Arthroscopy, 27(7), p895-905, July 2011
3 Data on file at Biomet Sports Medicine. Test Reports, AT47B, AT47D, BSM4, BSM03. Bench test results are not necessarily indicative of clinical results.
4 Data on file at Biomet; email chain
*Not for use in Japan
This material is intended for health care professionals and the Biomet sales force only. Distribution to any other recipient is prohibited. All content herein is protected by copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights owned by or licensed to Biomet Inc. or its affiliates unless otherwise indicated. This material must not be redistributed, duplicated or disclosed, in whole or in part, without the express written consent of Biomet.
Check for country product clearances and reference product specific instructions for use. For complete product information, including indications, contraindications, warnings, precautions, and potential adverse effects, see the package insert and Biomet’s website.
Not for distribution in France.
Additional InformationPatient Risk Information - 01-50-1218
PDF File - 153 KB
JuggerKnot™ Soft Anchor Brochure
PDF File - 1,658 KB
JuggerKnot Soft Anchor-1.4 mm Short - Lateral Epicondylitis Repair
PDF File - 483 KB
JuggerKnot and JuggerKnotless Soft Anchor All-Inclusive Brochure - BMET0959.0-GBL
PDF File - 2,148 KB