Learn About Arthritis / Arthritis Treatments
Simple everyday tasks may be hard to accomplish when your joints hurt. The self-help devices listed below will help minimize pain, discomfort, stress, and can assist you in accomplishing tasks. Ask your physician or physical therapist about these self-help devices:
- Orthotics to improve foot alignment
- Braces for knee support
- Wrist and Hand Splints for rest
- Jar openers
- Button threaders
- Large grips for pencils, garden tools or other hand-held objects.
- Abdominal supports to reduce stress on the back
- Long-handled reachers or grabbers to help you pick things up without bending
- Sock sliders to help you put on socks
- Canes, Walkers or Crutches reduce stress across the joints
Biomet is a manufacturer of orthopedic implants and does not practice medicine.
This information was prepared in conjunction with a licensed physician and is presented as general information only. Only an orthopedic surgeon can determine what treatment is appropriate. Always ask your doctor if you have any questions regarding your particular condition or treatment options.