Compress®Compliant Pre-Stress Device
Designed to replace the distal or proximal femur in cases of severe bone loss
- Creates a stable, high-pressure bone-implant interface for biologic fixation,1-3 and helps to prevent stress shielding
- Distal segmental femoral option
- Proximal segmental femoral option
- Enhances osseointegration at the bone-implant interface1-3
- Short Compress® device offering requires only 46mm of canal for placement*
- Standard Compress® device offering requires only 90mm of canal for placement*
- Reduced Resection Compress® bodies offer replacement constructs of 8, 9.5 and 11cm
- Standard Resection Compress® device offers a minimal replacement construct of 13cm
- Utilizes components from the OSS™ implant offering
*Particularly advantageous in massive bone loss cases
1. Avedian, R. et al. Effect of Chemotherapy on Initial Compressive Osseointegration of Tumor Endoprostheses. Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research. 459: 48-53, 2007.
2. Bini, S. et al. Compliant Prestress Fixation in Tumor Prostheses: Interface Retrieval Data. Orthopedics. 23(7): 707-12, 2000.
3. Martin, D. et al. Spring Pre-stress Fixation for Segmental Bone Replacement. 39th Annual Meeting, Orthopaedic Research Society, Feb. 15-18, 1993. San Francisco, CA.©2011, Biomet Orthopedics, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
This DVD demonstrates the surgical technique utilized by James O. Johnston, M.D. Biomet, as the manufacturer of this device, does not practice medicine and does not recommend the use of this device or specific technique for the treatment of particular patients. Each surgeon is responsible for determining the appropriate device and technique to utilize on each individual patient.
This material is intended for health care professionals and is not intended for patient distribution.
For surgeons and the Biomet sales force only; not for patient distribution.
Additional InformationPatient Risk Information - 01-50-0971
PDF File - 48 KB
Compress® Compliant Pre-stress Device Postoperative X-ray Case Review
PDF File - 128 KB
Limb Salvage Product Portfolio
PDF File - 1,143 KB
Mini Compress® Compliant Pre-stress Device Surgical Technique for use with the Comprehensive® Segmen
PDF File - 2,181 KB
Compress® Compliant Pre-stress Device Orthopaedic Salvage System Surgical Technique
PDF File - 3,053 KB